Who We Are
Muse is a platform that helps individual taxpayers and SMBs extract data from tax returns, maximize refunds, and create personalized tax plans through an AI-based, tax planning module.
For developers and businesses, Muse provides an embedded API for them to access the US tax code, perform calculations and provide AI-based scenarios for creating tax plans within their application or platform.
About The Role
We’re looking for an intelligent and highly knowledgeable Tax Analyst or Manager with a love for all thing taxes.
If that sounds like you and you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company, join us!
- Research and translate Federal and State tax code, regulations, rules and requirements in order to design and develop tax forms and workflows.
- Develop and implement tax strategies to optimize the company’s tax position, minimize tax liabilities, and identify opportunities for tax savings.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in tax laws and regulations, assess their impact on the company, and recommend necessary actions to remain in compliance.
- Continuously assess and improve tax processes and systems to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to code and update assigned tax forms in our internal tax engine.
- Conduct product testing and debugging of tax programs to ensure accuracy and complete functionality. Test assigned products and cross-test products designed by other analysts
- We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of income tax preparation experience within a public accounting firm or corporate tax department using commercial tax software
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations and compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in tax software and financial systems.
- Ability to adapt to changing tax laws and regulations.
- Strong leadership and project management abilities.