Who We Are
Muse is a platform that helps individual taxpayers and SMBs extract data from tax returns, maximize refunds, and create personalized tax plans through an AI-based, tax planning module.
For developers and businesses, Muse provides an embedded API for them to access the US tax code, perform calculations and provide AI-based scenarios for creating tax plans within their application or platform.
About The Role
We are looking for an intelligent, thoughtful and highly-talented senior product engineer with a good understanding of data that’s ready to take on a great opportunity to build Muse’s APIs, financial engine and tax planning platform!
We are looking for the full-cycle type that is comfortable doing research and excited about full scale production and operation and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work.
If that sounds like you and you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company, join us!
- Lead the end-to-end development process, from conceptualization to delivery, ensuring the creation of scalable SaaS solutions.
- Design and development of Muse’s tax planning engine.
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to define product requirements and translate them into technical specifications and system architecture.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code, adhering to best practices, coding standards, and design patterns.
- Construct a secure, flexible database to store client data
- Own the full product lifecycle from research to devops to scalable production
- Build cloud-native applications with a modern (gRPC), serverless microservices architecture.
- Help define and drive our best practices, and technology stack.
- Work closely with the product team to define the company roadmap and execute the development plans.
- Build our Backend infrastructure including APIs, microservices, computation engine, data collection and everything that’s customer facing.
- Design system architectures, select/evaluate tools, and open source projects to use within our architecture.
- We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building production-level microservices in large-scale products.
- 5+ years of experience with modern languages Python/Djagno, developing large-scale applications.
- 3+ year of experience building and rolling out customer facing APIs.
- Proficiency in MySQL, AWS EC2, Jquery, Node
- Understanding of OCR and ability to construct extraction microservice
- Ability to write clean code and agile work
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong architecture skills – ability to design for scale, velocity, robustness and readability of end-to-end solutions.
- Passion for security, data, customer experience, and building high-quality software!
- Excellent communication and a great team member. Work daily with our product, and the rest of the engineering team to make things work
- Experience with AWS and security frameworks is a must
- Experience with machine learning / data science / GPT