Who We Are
Muse is a platform that helps individual taxpayers and SMBs extract data from tax returns, maximize refunds, and create personalized tax plans through an AI-based, tax planning module.
For developers and businesses, Muse provides an embedded API for them to access the US tax code, perform calculations and provide AI-based scenarios for creating tax plans within their application or platform.
About The Role
We’re looking for an intelligent highly-talented Senior Data Scientist ready to take on a huge opportunity to build Muse’s core algorithms.
If that sounds like you and you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company, join us!
- Lead Data Scientist role
- Build a data-science team where you will lead end-to-end ML projects: from data extraction via OCR through model validation & A/B testing to model deploying.
- Discovering and translating business challenges into data pipelines and model frameworks.
- Work closely with Management, Data-Engineering, and Development teams
- Interface with R&D and data engineering to integrate data collection, data quality, and core model output into production systems.
- Build a startup company: Help setting priorities and making design decisions based on your experience and insights.
- We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- At least 5 years experience with data science projects from early-stage concept to production rollouts.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with NLP in production.
- Experience and desire to do end-to-end full-cycle data science
- Advantage: Previous experience as a Developer/Data Engineer.
- Broad expertise in multiple industries/domains (vs a single field specialist).
- Broad knowledge and experience of data science modeling techniques (from time-series prediction to OCR to RNNs and anything in between) and their use within the industry
- Hands-on experience with data science tooling (TensorFlow, scikit, pyTorch, spacy) and dev environments (PyCharm, Anaconda)
- An all-around data scientist: strong statistics background, strong analytical mindset, experience in experimentation, data visualization, machine learning algorithms, optimization, and big data.
- Experience with Python, MySQL is mandatory.
- Advantage: Experience with Cloud Machine Learning Platforms (Google Vertex AI / AWS SageMaker)
- Strong advantage: Kaggle profile