Who We Are
Muse is a platform that helps individual taxpayers and SMBs extract data from tax returns, maximize refunds, and create personalized tax plans through an AI-based, tax planning module.
For developers and businesses, Muse provides an embedded API for them to access the US tax code, perform calculations and provide AI-based scenarios for creating tax plans within their application or platform.
About The Role
We’re looking for an intelligent, thoughtful and highly-talented Senior Full-Stack Designer with a passion for data that’s ready to take on a huge opportunity to build out our API and tax engine.
If that sounds like you and you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company, join us!
- Lead the design and development of Muse’s customer-facing experience.
- Design and development of Muse’s tax planning engine.
- Development of OCR technology to extract data from tax returns.
- Be a part of our core engineering and leadership team.
- Build a cloud-native application with a modern microservices architecture.
- Mentor, and grow the team, our practices, and our technology stack.
- Work closely with the product & UX to define the company roadmap and execute the development plans.
- Design system architectures, select/evaluate tools, and open source projects to use within our architecture.
- We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building production-level web applications in large-scale products.
- 5+ years of experience with modern full-stack frameworks React or equivalent programming language, developing high-scale applications.
- Proficiency with the Python Django framework.
- Passion for clean code and agile work.
- Experience in working with analysts or developing complex tools for semi-technical users
- Strong architecture skills – ability to design for scale, and velocity, robustness, and readability of end-to-end data-driven solutions.
- Experience with modern cloud environments.
- Passion for data, customer experience, and building high-quality software!
- Excellent communication and a great team member. Work daily with our product, users, and the rest of the engineering team to make things work.